Standards Subject Matter Expert
Department: Academic Affairs
Job title: Standards Subject Matter Expert, 6-12 Science
Reports to: Grade Band Lead
Aligns Lincoln Learning Solutions instructional content to specific state standards. Creates content when needed for standard alignment. Maintains the curriculum content by addressing concerns and implementing regular updates. Works with others within and across departments to maintain consistency of the content. Continually evaluates workflows to assure best practices.
- Requires Current Teaching Certification/Licensure in High School Chemistry and/or Physics (prefer multiple science discipline certifications)
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
- Child Abuse Clearance; Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check; and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Clearance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Validates state-standard sets, pathways for state course delivery, and specific needs of state departments of education.
- Works directly with state alignments in whichever states are needed and maintains an in-depth knowledge of standard sets.
- Assures course alignments are accurate and complete and gap content is identified.
- Plans development work by scoping out content based on appropriate standard set(s), and unpacks standards accordingly.
- Follows guidelines set forth by the team when curating and updating content.
- Develops and reviews instructional content and assessments for assigned courses in conjunction with the project plans and directives of upper management.
- Manages workload and displays self-discipline and motivation to meet deadlines in a timely manner and to produce content at an appropriate pace.
- Works closely with the Grade Band Lead and others to establish best practices for curriculum development.
- Communicates across all grade levels and subjects to enhance mitigation strategies regarding curricular concerns and issues.
- Welcomes collaboration and teamwork to build knowledge and skills.
- Promotes the vision and mission of Lincoln Learning Solutions.
- Performs any additional duties deemed necessary by Lincoln Learning Solutions management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient with technology (e.g., Google Docs, Excel) and comfortable working independently and remotely in an online environment.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the most up-to-date instructional technologies, curricular requirements, and online-education innovations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Lincoln Learning Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lincoln Learning Solutions not to discriminate against any employee on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy includes but is not limited to decisions regarding selection, promotion, job assignment, transfers, layoffs, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.