Subject Matter Expert - General
Department: Academic Affairs
Job title: Subject Matter Expert
Reports to: Grade Band Lead
Creates Lincoln Learning Solutions instructional content and assessments that are standard aligned and academically appropriate for the grade level and audience. Maintains the product
by addressing concerns and implementing regular updates. Works with others within and across departments to maintain consistency of the product. Continually evaluates workflows to assure best practices.
- Teaching Certification or Licensure in Subject Area
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
- Child Abuse Clearance; Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check; and Federal Bureau
of Investigation (FBI) Clearance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and reviews instructional content and assessments for assigned courses in conjunction
with the project plans and directives of upper management.
- Plans development work by scoping out content based on appropriate standard set(s) and
unpacks standards accordingly.
- Follows guidelines set forth by the team when curating and updating content.
- Manages workload and displays self-discipline and motivation to meet deadlines in a timely
manner and produce content at an appropriate pace.
- Updates and maintains curriculum sequencing documents and elements of the course such as
materials and kit items.
- Works closely with the Grade Band Lead and others to establish best practices for curriculum
- Communicates across all grade levels and subjects to enhance mitigation strategies regarding
curricular concerns and issues.
- Welcomes collaboration and teamwork to build knowledge and skills.
- Promotes the vision and mission of Lincoln Learning Solutions.
- Performs any additional duties deemed necessary by Lincoln Learning Solutions management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Maintains a working knowledge of the most up-to-date instructional technologies, curricular
requirements, and online-education innovations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Lincoln Learning Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lincoln Learning Solutions not to discriminate against any employee on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy includes but is not limited to decisions regarding selection, promotion, job assignment, transfer, layoffs, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.