Professional Development Schoology Specialist
Department: Professional Development
Job title: Professional Development Schoology Specialist
Reports to: Senior Manager of Professional Development
- Responsible for the creation and support of Schoology-focused resources and trainings.
- Responsible for the support and delivery of professional development and trainings.
- Gain a deep and thorough understanding of Lincoln Learning Solutions products and services.
- Maintain contact with the various internal departments and clients.
- Maintain a working knowledge of educational trends.
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, business, or related field.
- In-depth knowledge of Schoology as a teacher and student.
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong/active listening skills
- Self-starter able to execute tasks with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft and/or Google platforms.
- Possess strong communication and planning skills.
- Have or obtain: Child Abuse Clearance; Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check; and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Clearance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates and updates resources associated to Schoology and their interaction with Lincoln Learning Solutions products, systems, and services. This includes, but may not be limited to written direction, quick tips, visual representations (graphics, GIFs, infographics, presentations, etc.), and videos.
- Supports the creation and updates to general resources associated to Lincoln Learning Solutions products, systems, and services. This includes, but may not be limited to written direction, quick tips, visual representations (graphics, GIFs, infographics, presentations, etc.), and videos.
- Delivers PD/Training sessions for clients and internal staff via webinar and/or in person.
- Maintains a professional and supportive relationship with clients to ensure continued support.
- Researches and supports system functionality and updates accordingly.
- Collaborates with Sales, Marketing, Implementation, Client Success, Curriculum, Instructional Services, and IT teams to ensure successful client support.
- Maintains demo accounts, roles, and setup associated to training to ensure there are mirrored scenarios for capturing needed resources.
- Collaborates with team members on workflows, tasks, and deadlines.
- Supports knowledge base article audits on a yearly basis.
- Maintains a working knowledge of instructional technologies.
- Adheres to branding strategies to utilize appropriate templates, fonts, colors, etc.
- Meets personal goals and contributes to team and organizational goals.
- Performs any additional duties deemed necessary by Lincoln Learning Solutions management.
- Promotes the vision and mission of Lincoln Learning Solutions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Lincoln Learning Solutions is an equal-opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lincoln Learning Solutions not to discriminate against any employee on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy includes but is not limited to decisions regarding selection, promotion, job assignment, transfers, layoffs, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.