Department: Payroll Office
Job title: Payroll Clerk
Reports to: Payroll Supervisor
The Payroll Clerk maintains all payroll-related information and ensures that this information is disseminated to other payroll entities while maintaining confidentiality in all related functions.
- High School Diploma
- 2-4 years accounting experience
- Act 152 and 168
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile payroll data, error reconciliation, and maintenance of payroll records.
- Enter payroll information into computerized payroll systems and assist in preparing payroll checks.
- Answer questions from employees and supervisors regarding payroll matters.
- Maintain records on vacation, sick leave, etc.
- Assist with governmental reporting/compliance.
- Perform any additional duties deemed necessary by the Payroll Supervisor.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.