Job title: Maintenance Assistant
Reports to: Facilities Manager
The primary purpose of this position is to provide support in order to assure that all facility operation needs are met with regard to maintenance, grounds, and vehicle fleet service by performing the duties as outlined in the Essential Duties and Responsibilities section.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and mechanical systems (including relevant equipment and tools) is a plus
- Basic knowledge of reading blueprints is a plus
- Proven general maintenance experience
- The ability to safely operate hand and power tools as well as cleaning equipment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and other manuals and documents
- Ability to work in a team and follow instructions from supervisors
- May be required to work outside of normal work hours. Possible overnight stays, as needed
- Able to lift 75 pounds
- Valid driver’s license
- Act 153 and Act 168
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform routine building maintenance duties, including patching, painting, minor electrical repairs, minor plumbing repairs, carpentry, and heating and ventilation systems maintenance which includes changing of filters, belts, and greasing as needed
- Completing minor repair work, which may include repairing doors, locks, door frames, and handles as well as replacing light bulbs, switches, and receptacles.
- Performing basic plumbing tasks, which include unclogging drains as well as fixing leaking faucets, flush valve assemblies, and toilets.
- Performing basic cleaning duties, which include sweeping, dusting, mopping, and vacuuming, as needed.
- Maintaining all outdoor areas, which entails mowing, trimming, weeding, and edging the lawn as well as operating a plow truck, using a snow blower, shoveling snow and ice as required.
- Performing basic maintenance on grounds equipment which includes greasing of machines, changing blades, fueling machines, changing filters, and belts
- Opening and securing of buildings, which includes a walk-through and visual inspection of all floors.
- Vehicle fleet care and maintenance, which includes setting up vehicle repairs, preventative maintenance, washing, and detailing of vehicles.
- Visual Inspection of control panels and electrical wiring to detect any issues that require immediate attention.
- Assisting with employee moves and organization of offices
- Taking inventory of maintenance supplies and notifying the Supervisor of low or depleted supplies.
- Promptly responding to requests for emergency repairs and clean-ups.
- Complete administrative duties, which include completing tickets in the companies Maintenance program, filling out forms, and reporting maintenance statuses to the supervisor
- Basic computer knowledge is a plus
- Travel to regional offices as required which may require overnight stays.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.