Job title: Mailroom Specialist/Delivery Specialist
Reports to: Mailroom Supervisor
Responsible for completing various mailroom activities such as: sorting and delivering mail, retrieving computer equipment, scheduling service calls, and administering mass mailings. Knowledge of software and hardware to run and maintain mailing equipment and updates as necessary. Must stay current with industry standards.
- High School Diploma
- Must possess a valid driver license free from insurance restrictions
- Act 153 and Act 168
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sort and deliver mail (metered and inter-office mail) to all buildings in Midland and out of town locations, as necessary in a timely manner
- Able to operate a vehicle for deliveries locally and regionally for Lincoln Learning Solutions and their clients
- Deliver items locally, as needed, for the warehouse
- Retrieve equipment for tech department from various locations and return to the warehouse
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality of customer information and material that is processed through the mailroom
- Effectively follow department standards to ensure cost-effective shipping
- Maintain complete records of all shipments in and out of the company locations
- Maintain a sufficient inventory of all shipping supplies
- Operate and maintain all postage equipment
- Operate and maintain software/hardware of mailing/printing equipment
- Stay abreast of software updates, attend training as necessary
- Update multiple Excel spreadsheets on a monthly basis
- Utilize shipping software, i.e., USPS, Quadient
- Process paperwork for mass mailing to be delivered to the post office in order to recognize substantial savings in mailing costs.
- Schedule service calls with vendors
- Plans and organizes work, demonstrates dependability and good attendance, makes effective decisions, effective problem solving/demonstrates good judgment, and handles multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Achieves needed results, takes responsibility, and communicates adequately and effectively.
- Shows respect for others, actively builds trust, and demonstrates honesty/fairness. Maintains appropriate levels of confidentiality. Gives credit to others, routinely expresses positive feedback and gratitude, understands others’ perspectives, supports diversity, and understands related issues.
- Perform any additional duties as needed by the Mailroom Supervisor or Operations Account Manager
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Lincoln Learning Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lincoln Learning Solutions not to discriminate against any employee on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy includes but is not limited to decisions regarding selection, promotion, job assignment, transfer, layoffs, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.