HVAC Lead Technician
Job title: HVAC Lead Technician
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
The position is responsible for routine maintenance and repair on HVAC, boiler heat, electrical systems and plumbing for all facilities.
- High School Diploma
- HVAC Certification
- EPA Certified
- Knowledge of VAV Systems
- Boiler System Knowledge
- Some Carrier / iVue System Knowledge
- Three to Five years’ experience in an HVAC trade.
- Using Shop Math: Ability to use practical application of fractions, percentages, ratio and proportion, measurement, practical algebra, geometric construction, and essentials of trigonometry.
- These essential responsibilities are those the individual must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Good Communications Skills
- Act 153 and Act 168 – This can be obtained upon employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Checks equipment to ensure proper working order; repairs malfunctions as needed which may include troubleshooting and repairing electrical failures, lubricating equipment and machinery, installing and removing pipes and parts, replacing defective compressor parts, etc.
- Responsible for the heating and air systems throughout the facility as well as corrective maintenance of the heating and air conditioning systems involving boilers, pumps, fans, air filters, VAV boxes, valves and other HVAC equipment.
- Makes repairs which may involve charging units with Freon, adding or changing oil, replacing defective controls, cleaning of cooling coils, condensers, making adjustments for proper operation, etc.
- Repairs or replaces fans, coils, valves, controls, circulating pumps, compressors and other related equipment as required.
- Maintains an inventory of supplies and parts, initiating requests for repair parts and equipment.
- Completes required reports for each job assignment, detailing time and materials used for each completed task.
- Maintains assigned mechanical rooms and work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform repair on HVAC plumbing and electrical systems as needed.
- May request purchase order for parts and machines.
- Demonstrate job knowledge, understands how his/her work relates to the department and organization. Possess knowledge of all tools, equipment, and resources most useful to the position.
- Plans and organizes work, demonstrates dependability and good attendance, makes effective decisions, effective problem solving/demonstrates good judgment, handles multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Achieves needed results, takes responsibility, actively applies teamwork principles, and communicates adequately and effectively.
- Shows respect for others, actively builds trust, and demonstrates honesty/fairness. Maintains appropriate levels of confidentiality. Gives credit to others, routinely expresses positive feedback and gratitude, understands others’ perspectives, supports diversity, and understands related issues.
- Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential responsibilities of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations in order to safely perform the essential responsibilities of the job.
- Must be able to reason, analyze, prioritize, conceptualize, make judgments, and solve problems.
Must be precise and pay attention to detail. Willing to follow set standards and rules in their work. Must have a good deal of stamina because their work is active and somewhat strenuous. Requires standing, squatting, stooping, bending, and climbing. Must have a good sense of balance. Use of rough materials, sharp tools, and powerful equipment and must be aware of hazards.
Lincoln Learning Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lincoln Learning Solutions not to discriminate against any employee on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy includes but is not limited to decisions regarding selection, promotion, job assignment, transfer, layoffs, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.