Job title: Editor
Reports to: Secondary Editing Lead
Responsible for the support of secondary editing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English Education, English or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Google Docs
- Experience with editing online/virtual content
- Child Abuse Clearance; Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check; and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Clearance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Edit online content and learning activities for EK-12 curriculum development to ensure correct grammar, spelling, word choice, punctuation, etc. This may include curriculum content for parents, teachers, or students.
- Editing may include one or a combination of the following.
- Content editing: This deals specifically with editing individual pieces of content as they are actively going through the development process to ensure spelling, grammar, word choice, punctuation, etc. are accurate.
- Comprehensive editing: This involves editing a course in its entirety post-development to ensure that content throughout a course is clear, concise, and comprehensible.
- Assessment editing: This involves editing assessment items and their related components for clarity, as well as appropriate spelling, grammar, punctuation, and word choice within questions.
- Ensure that the voice, audience, and details are appropriate for the goal of the content and that content is clear, concise, and comprehensible.
- Utilize designated software to review, edit, and update authored content.
- Utilize assessment-creation tools to review and edit assessment items.
- Utilize tracking applications to process tasks and manage assigned responsibilities.
- Collaborate with team members on workflows, tasks, and deadlines.
- Respond to requests in a timely manner and meet task deadlines.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the most up-to-date editing best practices.
- Manages workload and displays self-discipline and motivation to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Perform any additional duties deemed necessary by Lincoln Learning Solutions management.
- Promote the vision and mission of Lincoln Learning Solutions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.