Assistant VP of Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Job title: Assistant VP of Human Resources
Reports to: President/CEO
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources management required.
- Master’s Degree in related area preferred.
- 3-5 years experience managing an HR solution preferred.
- Act 153 and Act 168.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues.
- Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, benefits, and compensation.
- Supports management in employee improvement, disciplinary, and termination.
- Manages human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, and counseling staff.
- Develops human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements.
- Accomplishes special project results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities.
- Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities.
- Oversee employee relations, company, employee, and community communication.
- Initiate and ensure accommodations for employee compliance issues.
- Oversee all FMLA, Worker’s Compensation, and unemployment claims.
- Serve on the Executive Committee
- Perform any additional duties as needed by the President/CEO
Qualifications and Skills
- Great people skills
- Positive attitude
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong leadership skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Lincoln Learning Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lincoln Learning Solutions not to discriminate against any employee on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy includes but is not limited to decisions regarding selection, promotion, job assignment, transfers, layoffs, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.