Professional Development Writer
Department: Professional Development
Job title: Profession Development Writer
Reports to: Senior Manager of Professional Development
- Responsible for creating resources (written and video) for organizational and client use.
- Responsible for the support and delivery of professional development and trainings.
- Gain a deep and thorough understanding of Lincoln Learning Solutions products and services.
- Maintain contact with various internal departments and clients.
- Ability to deliver high-quality documentation while paying special attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Excellent written skills in English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft and/or Google platforms.
- Possess strong communication and planning skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in professional writing, education, business, or related field.
- Have or obtain: Child Abuse Clearance; Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Clearance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce high-quality documentation meeting identified standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Create and update materials to support trainings, such as job aids, slide shows, quick tips, and videos.
- Deliver PD/Training sessions for clients and internal staff, via webinar and/or in person, as needed.
- Determine the needs of end users of documentation.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Work with technical staff to make products easier to use and thus need fewer instructions.
- Organize and write supporting documents for products and/or systems.
- Use photos, images, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts increasing users’ understanding.
- Standardize content across platforms and media.
- Gather usability feedback from customers, designers, and software engineers.
- Revise documents as new issues and updates arise.
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help, and developer guides.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Collaborate with team members on workflows, tasks, and deadlines
- Team player attitude.
- Respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Meet personal goals and contribute to team and organizational goals.
- Perform any additional duties deemed necessary by Lincoln Learning Solutions management.
- Promote the vision and mission of Lincoln Learning Solutions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.